Friday, December 9, 2016

GPS event helped parent learn new social media trends

The Glenbard Parent Series: (GPS) Navigating Healthy Families presented Tweens,Teens and the Tech Trends of Today with Liz Repking on Thursday, December 8 at the Community Consolidated School District 93 in Bloomingdale


Liz Repking and Lynn Dugan
Glenbard West parent Lynn Dugan shared the following takeaway:  "I hope to teach my teens to make good decisions regarding social media and cyberspace in general but the landscape is challenging because it is ever-changing. Of course, we need to model good online behavior and help kids understand 'What goes online stays online.' This presentation gave me a chance to learn new things (have you heard of Kik?) and equipped me for the important dialogue I want to continue with my kids."




View the presentation on the Glenbard Parent Series YouTube Channel here

Liz Repking's Cyber Safety Consulting web site here